Here's an activity your kids can enjoy. It's easy to set up and pack up and doesn't usually make a huge mess. This is one that can be done again and again.
Cotton Bud Painting
You will need...
- Paint - acrylic, Cel Mix or water paint all work well. Just remember however to change over the cotton buds often if you use water paint.
- Cotton buds
- Paint tray or containers - you could use yoghurt containers, egg cartons or ice-cube trays.
- Paper - any kind will be good. We like to do this activity often so I try to vary the size and texture of the paper each time that we do.
Set out paint in trays or containers and add a cotton bud to each colour.
Let your child's creativity go as they experiment with using the cotton buds to paint.
This activity can work for many ages and is great for fine motor skills building. Miss H who is nearly one tried this activity yesterday and was able to do some painting with a little bit of assistance to dip the cotton buds in the paint.
Why not try using the cotton buds to....
- paint white on black card
- paint on aluminium foil
- paint on long strips of paper or card
- paint on shapes
- paint on easel size paper
When the activity is finished simply throw the cotton buds away.