- feeling the plants different textures
- smelling the plants different aromas - from the amazing curry plant to the lemon grass
- learning about how plants grow
- learning about sunshine and water working together
- learning about natural ways of deterring bugs, crawlies + night nibblers
- learning about what's good for the garden
Down the track we'd like to....
- make some jam + relishes
- use the rocket on lunch time sandwiches - yum!
- give away our extra herbs, fruits and veggies
- save our seeds for future planting
- use the leaves and veggies for art + craft - potato prints, leaf prints
- grow seedlings/ cuttings to share
I was so thrilled recently to be able to attend a free session at the local library. It was about starting an organic veggie patch with children - just what I needed! There is so much that we will continue to learn about keeping a veggie patch but this was a great start to set us up on our path to growing a garden.
Do you keep a veggie patch? What's in your garden at the moment? It's always a pleasure to hear what's going on in others gardens.