Friday, August 21, 2009

The Pinkettes Are Back!


This one's dedicated to my little sister Lauren (who's not so little now!).


Formed in the 80's, The Pinkettes were set to make it big but unfortunately they didn't really make it out of the lounge room. Growing up, my sister and I and the three girls who lived down the road loved nothing better than watching Young Talent Time, taping our favourite songs on to cassettes (by putting the recorder up against the tv) and making up dances to perform for our parents. I did a great Funky Town routine : ) He he he!


A few weeks ago we went as a family, along with some good friends to see the Playschool Concert. It was fantastic! Ever since that day Miss M has been reliving the experience. Her teddies (and my old one) become Big Ted and Little Ted while Miss H's Molly Dolly becomes Jemima. An old blanket is strung up for a curtain (today it was the parachute) and costumes and props come from all over the house. A teapot for 'Polly Put The Kettle On' and a hat for 'Dingle Dangle Scarecrow'.


Sadly The Pinkettes won't really be making a comeback (sorry if I got you excited) but it has been a joy to see Miss M's mind work in a similar way as it takes me back to that time in my life.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin