Miss M (3.5) has been playing shops a lot lately so I've been thinking for some time about surprising her with a little shop in our play room. She loves to be the "payer". I like the idea of changing the play environment every so often anyway to keep play varied, fresh and interesting.
- language/communication skills
- turn taking/ sharing
- gentle play
- role playing
All great things for this big sister, little sister relationship.
We could extend this activity further by....
- changing the shop to a different type of shop eg: shoes, art, books etc
- making pretend money - we chose not to since Miss H was involved
- putting fruit and vegies in
- talking about healthy teeth food
- making signs
But for now it's just wonderful to watch the girls at play.