We get our apples delivered in a farmers fresh box each week and lately they haven't been so tasty but they are perfect for apple printing.
You will need....
- Red or green apples cut in half - cut straight down the core to get the lovely apple shape. Cut halfway down the apple, in the other direction (would be horizontal) and you discover a wonderful star in the middle. (God's designs are wonderful!)
- Paint - use acrylic or an acrylic/Cel Mix mix
- Paint tray - a flat lid off something like a takeaway container works well for this
- Flat kitchen sponges
- Paper - we used white easel paper for ours but you could be creative and use coloured paper, black paper with white paint or brown paper.
Squirt some paint on to the sponges and fold them over to evenly distribute the paint. Open back out and lay the paint filled sponges on to the trays.
Take a cut piece of apple, press it on to the sponge until the white inside is covered in paint.
Print on to the paper and see the beautiful apple shapes appear.
- make wrapping paper to wrap gifts or roll up, tie with ribbon and give away to someone
- make gift cards
- make an apple painting on canvas
Delicious! Well Miss H thought so. He he!! I left the art table for a minute only to come back and find Miss H munching on a painted apple. Not so delicious!
* * * * *
Have you entered my Busy Brissy Mum Giveaway? You can do it here .