Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Shaving - Just Like Daddy

There's no doubt about it, kids love to imitate the adults around them. Just today, I overheard the girls playing a game of bedtime/ sleeping where I'd set up the beanbag and my tall bedroom lamp. Miss H (2.6) said, "goodnight sweetie-pie", just like daddy says as she switched off the lamp for Miss M to go to bed. Earlier Miss M was telling Miss H to go to bed and stay on her bed, just like mummy + daddy would. Bedtimes with our littlie are a little tricky.

I knew that today was the day to bring out this fun shaving activity which I'd told Miss M about last week. She's been excited about it ever since. We just needed a good day at home to give it a go. To make it happen we had to find some shaving cream in a container, some plain paddle pop sticks, a mirror, water and a cloth/ hand towel to clean up with. The bathroom was the perfect place to do it. Once everything was ready, the girls could pretend to shave, just like daddy.


Put the cream on with hands. It feels soft and goopy.



Scrape off using the paddle pop stick 'till the cream's all gone.


Do you think she enjoyed the activity? YES!


When your kids play, what have you seen them do that's just like you? Let's enjoy a little giggle.

8 comments:

Leisa said...

Looks like she had fun! Remember when a certain little sister tried the same thing for real - blood was drawn if I remember correctly!

steph12 said...

I have no idea what you are referring to Leisa ;) haha- made me think of the same thing !!!

Unknown said...

I'll have to try this with Master L....last time we played with shaving cream, he was a bit freaked out at the texture! This activity might give him plenty of time to practice before the real deal!!

Busy Brissy Mum said...

I had thought about ending with that story Leisa. I'm not sure I actually remember it happening but it's been a story that has been told many, many times in our family.

@ Debbie - Shaving cream is a weird texture. Hope L enjoys it.

Kelly said...

So cute!

Rosie said...

My son "shaves" too. It is even funnier when he tell his dad it is time for him to shave (my son is two).

My son used his imagination to it's best and while playing in his kitchen one day got the potato masher & declared it his shaver, it now sits in the bathroom waiting for when it is time to shave.

Anonymous said...

Website
Website
Website
Website
Website

Anonymous said...

Website
Website
Website
Website
Website

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin