Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Australian Animal Cupcakes


With my new Woman's Weekly Kids Little Party Cakes book I am now ready to create kids cupcakes of all kinds - hooray! I just LOVE to make cupcakes. Since we were off to Walkabout Creek today I thought it would be a good idea to take 24 little cupcakes to match the theme of the day. Here's just a quick pic to show you how the koalas and cockatoos turned out. The cupcakes in the WW book were bigger so I had to put my thinking cap on to make these work. Medium sized cupcakes definitely work better for little mouths!

As a mum I find it easier to have recipes that don't require much work. These cupcakes are just a throw it all in and mix it round recipe followed by some very easy assembling. Here is the cupcake recipe I like to use....

Cupcakes

1 cup SR flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 cup caster sugar
90 gr softened butter
2 eggs
2 tablespoons milk

Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees.
Line medium sized cupcake tray with patty pans.
Mix all the ingredients in a mix master until smooth.
Spoon into tray.
Bake in the oven until golden.

Cool on a tray before decorating.

The secret (or not so secret) ingredient is Betty Crockers frosting found in the baking section of the supermarket. It is every mums dream! I always have some ready to go in the fridge.

These cupcakes used...Mini M+Ms, Natural Confectionery Jelly Beans, Nestle White Chocolate Buds, Black Jelly Beans (from the Chemist) and Queen Writing Fudge.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin