Sunday, June 28, 2009

Big Bikkie Baking

This week is a big baking week. I am in the middle of baking big batches of yummy biscuits which are part of a blessing bomb project our Mums on the GO group is working on together. I absoloutely LOVE this recipe and have always pulled it out when I need to bake in big quantities, so I thought I'd share it with you. These biscuits are delicious, so easy to make and you can bake 60-70 from the one mixture. It is the easiest, yummiest biscuit recipe I know and I found it years ago in an old fundraising recipe book from a kindy I used to work in. The book was the kind where everyone contributes their favourite recipe. This one has become my favourite.

Yummy Biscuits

You will need...

5 cups self-raising flour
1 cup sugar
1 tin sweetened condensed milk
500grms butter

Pre-heat oven to a moderate heat.

Mix all the ingredients in mixer until they are combined and smooth in texture.

Line oven trays with baking paper. (I like to keep a few trays on the go)
Roll the mixture into balls.

Put the balls onto the trays and press down slightly.
Leave enough room between the balls of mixture to allow for them to spread in the oven.
Decorate the tops with your choice of decorations. I like to use the following...

Either....1 freckle in the middle OR 4 smarties OR 4 peanut M+Ms OR 4 plain or crispy M+M's.

Put the biscuits in the oven until lightly golden.
Take the biscuits out of the oven and rest them for a few minutes on the tray before lifting them onto a cooling rack.

Once cooled these yummy biscuits are ready to eat but the best thing to do with them is package them up and give them to someone who needs a great big blessing bomb.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin