Monday, July 6, 2009

A Search For the Perfect Cupcake



I have so much to blog about after such a wonderful weekend full of outings in Brisbane with family but let me share about today's outing first as it was just so exciting. If you've been reading my blogs since the beginning (not so long ago) you will know that I love cupcakes. I love to bake them, I love to go to places that sell them but most of all I love to eat them. One of my friends suggested that I was on a hunt for the perfect cupcake. Maybe I am and today I think I came the closest ever!

I used to work with a beautiful friend who shares an interest in lovely girlie things so I knew that if she liked a cupcake shop it would be a wonderful place to visit. The girls and I were catching up with a special school friend of mine and her two girls today. (Our littlest girls are a day apart in age as they were due on the same day. Miss E came first!) I asked my old work friend about one of her favourite cupcake shops called Nourish and where we would find it. My school friend and I and our beautiful girls went on a trip to discover for ourselves the amazing cupcakes Nourish had to eat. My old work friend was right...as I knew she would be!

This place had me at "hello" as all the decor was red, chocolate brown and light blue, my favourite combination in decorating. Displayed were the yummiest cupcakes you will ever find and they are made from scratch from a family heirloom recipe. (You can tell!) I chose a chocolate one and Miss M chose a strawberry surprise one which had jam in the middle and went perfectly with her strawberry milkshake. Not only did I love the cupcake I ate, every mouthful was divine but the service was beyond great. This is a must try place! You can find Nourish at Shop 3/68 on Racecourse Rd, Ascot. (Just near one of my other favourite places - Gourmet Haas + almost across from Woolworths)

We couldn't resist bringing home a cupcake for Daddy to devour too. It came home beautifully packaged up in a white box with string along with two little cupcakes inside for Miss M and for me. What an added little surprise! We'll definitely be back for another cupcake date - very very soon!

2 comments:

Leisa said...

Hi Amanda, What a lovely day you had today. The cupcakes look beautiful. Sounds a lot more exciting than washing and job applications in the freezing cold!!!

Busy Brissy Mum said...

Twas a lovely morning Leisa. I'm putting Nourish down as a place to take you one day. Job applications can be tiring can't they. I hope your search is a positive one this week.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin